PYOHEX MEDICATED CONDITIONER – 200ML BOTTLE
Pyohex conditioner is for the treatment of bacterial (Staphylococcal) skin infections in dogs. Bacterial skin infections on dogs can have a wide variety of symptoms or appearances and causes.
Common appearances of bacterial infections:
· Circular rings of scale or redness (as larger pimples pop and leave ‘rings’ of skin damage)
· Moist areas of skin commonly referred to as hotspots
Reasons for bacterial skin infections:
Sometimes there is just bad luck involved, although the majority of cases of skin infections in dogs can be tracked to underlying conditions which allow the low numbers of normal bacterial residents to overgrow and cause disease. Underlying causes for bacterial infections:
· Allergy, pollen, grass, food (meats), fleas
· Hormonal problems (including Cushing’s disease and thyroid problems)
· Parasitic infestations such as demodex mites or Scabies.
Pyohex conditioner has the great benefit over creams and lotions in that they can be applied all over, regardless of the amount of fur coverage.
How often should I use Pyohex Medicated Conditioner?
During periods of active infection the shampoo and conditioner should be used twice per week. Once the infection has resolved, bathing once per week or fortnight is often enough to prevent recurrences. The time of year may influence the frequency of bathing – during spring and summer, dogs who suffer bad allergies may find they require more frequent bathing then they do in winter when their allergies are not as active.
Active ingredient: 30g/L Chlorhexidine gluconate